Trans4m Rail will upgrade a critical section of existing rail to deliver greater rail capacity, efficiency and freight movement as part of the 1,700km Inland Rail corridor.
It will deliver better and faster freight access for regional producers and manufacturers across Eastern Australia.
The $693m phase 1 contract includes:
- Upgrading 171km of track within the existing rail corridor
- Significant level crossing works including adding flashing lights and boom gates at key sites
- Installing seven new bridges
- Establishing five crossing loops to allow trains to pass
- Installing 220 rail culverts, 98 road culverts and additional irrigation crossings
- Minor changes to track alignments at Bellata and Gurley stations