Calvary Adelaide Hospital
South Australia’s largest ever private hospital opened on 7 January 2020. It provides patients with a premium health care service and the state with its only privately-owned 24-hour emergency department.
The Calvary Adelaide Hospital replaced the Calvary Wakefield Hospital and the Calvary Rehabilitation Hospital and offers the community the most comprehensive range of services delivered by a hospital in SA.
The facility features:
- 344 single-occupancy rooms with ensuite bathrooms, including 20 ICU beds and
- 66-day surgery beds
- 16 operating theatres
- SA’s only privately-owned 24-hour emergency department
- A 15,000 sqm rehabilitation and allied health wing
- A Custom-designed hybrid theatre combining an operating theatre and radiology suite to diagnose and treat patients faster
- A rehabilitation wing with a hydrotherapy pool and mobility garden
- A radiology, pathology and onsite pharmacy and coffee shop.
The new hospital will provide acute general medical and surgical services with a focus on cardiology and cardiothoracic surgery, orthopaedics and sports medicine, neurosurgery and spinal surgery vascular, bariatric, endoscopy and colonoscopy specialties.
Calvary Health Care holds a 30-year lease on the new building which is owned by Dexus Healthcare Wholesale Property Fund.