Airport North and Airport East Precinct upgrades
John Holland is delivering two road projects on behalf of NSW Roads and Maritime Services to ease congestion around Sydney Airport and Port Botany.
The key features of the Airport North Precinct upgrade include:
- Improving traffic flow by widening O’Riordan Street to provide six lanes between Bourke Road and Robey Street
- Reconfiguring the existing traffic lights on O’Riordan Street between Qantas Drive and Bourke Road
- The project ties in with Roads and Maritime Services and Sydney Airport’s new one-way road system
- Upgrading the footpath on the eastern side of O’Riordan Street.
The benefits of the Airport East Precinct upgrade include:
- Improved road user safety by removing the existing railway level crossing on General Holmes Drive
- Enhanced traffic flows, travel time and access to the Airport and Port Botany
- Elevated movement of rail freight facilities to and from Port Botany by building a rail bridge over the new Wentworth Avenue underpass
- Better connections for pedestrians and cyclists with a new shared path on Wentworth Avenue.