Transport & Rail
We make cities smaller by creating roads and rail infrastructure that gets you home faster and more safely. Our experts in engineering, rail, tunnelling, maintenance and customer service deliver solutions to cut travelling time, connect communities and make the distance between us seem smaller.
Getting to where you need to be is easier when rail and bus stations are integrated with other transport facilities like bus interchanges, airports, shuttle bus centres, taxi ranks, and bike and pedestrian networks.
Our focus is on making travelling easier, quicker and safer.
- We have eliminated some of Victoria’s busiest and most dangerous level crossings, with minimum disruption to drivers and rail passengers.
- Perth City Link reconnected the CBD to Northbridge for the first time in a century, sparking the revitalisation of the city and making travel easier
- We built the Inner West light rail extension in Sydney, nine new light rail stops to connect a growing area with existing light and heavy rail.
Every minute counts when it comes to travelling by train or transporting goods long distances by rail.
As a rail operator ourselves, we understand how important it is to deliver projects that make our customers lives easier.
Our rail expertise covers construction and maintenance, planning and design, integration and operations, and we can do all this in live operating environments – we know how important it is to keep cities moving during construction, maintenance work and upgrades.
Our rail specialities include:
- Transport Oriented Development
- Rail Project Investment & Origination
- Rail Franchises & Concessions
- Design & Construction
- Asset Management & Maintenance
- Rail Systems Delivery & Integration
- Signalling, Communications & Control Systems
- Overhead Wiring & Traction Power
- Accredited Rolling Stock Operator & Rail Infrastructure Manager
- Provider of Accredited Rail Competency Training - visit John Holland Rail Training
We care about building safer roads that get you home as safely and quickly as possible no matter where you live.
We have delivered solutions for some of Australia’s most complex road projects by harnessing the expertise of our people to help cities grow and stay connected.
We use world-class technology to minimise environmental impacts, recycle materials on projects wherever possible and deliver to modern construction requirements.
- Our work includes some of Australia’s largest – like the Brisbane Airport Link, and Westconnex in Sydney, South Road Superway in SA, and West Gate Tunnel in Victoria.
- Complex roads often include bridges as part of their design, and we have delivered conventional bridges, balanced cantilevers, launched structures and cable-stayed bridges. We were involved in strengthening Melbourne’s iconic West Gate Bridge to increase its longevity, which was one of the most complex, high risk engineering projects undertaken in Australia.