Justice & Corrections
Keeping the community safe, boosting local jobs and delivering state-of-the art facilities are our focus for correctional projects. Our portfolio includes courthouses, prisons and coronial service centres.
Keeping communities safe and creating an environment where people get the best chance at rehabilitation is key to delivering modern correctional facilities.
We understand how to work in sensitive, live operating environments while maximising value to our customers.
We have experience using modularisation and pre-fabrication techniques, creating correctional facilities that offer clients the best chance at a new future.
We also have highly skilled and experienced staff with a detailed understanding of custodial protocols, enabling us to partner with customers to deliver within live operating environments. This capability has been critical to the successful delivery of many projects in this sector.
Our recent project experience includes:
- Design and construction of the 1,300 bed Ravenhall Prison in Victoria in conjunction with the GEO Group as the private operator.
- Design, construction, finance and maintenance of the state-of-the-art 350 bed Eastern Goldfields Regional Prison in Western Australia, delivered as a public private partnership (PPP) with the State Government.
- The Newcastle Courthouse redevelopment
- Risdon Prison Complex in Tasmania
- Cessnock Correctional Centre in New South Wales
- The NorthernPathways consortium (comprising John Holland, Serco, John Laing and Macquarie Capital) is currently building the New Clarence Correctional Centre. This modern correctional facility includes a 1,000-bed male maximum-security facility; a 300-bed female maximum-security facility; and a 400-bed male minimum security facility. The new Centre will open in 2020.